Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sweaty dirty girls=sweaty dirty hair




Hi Bre,
So, as if you haven't covered the dirty hair topic enough! I have another question about it. What if someone exercises everyday? Does sweaty hair make dirty hair dirtier, quicker? And when you shower on the in-between days can you get it wet if you are not washing it or does that mess it up? I have heard the concept about dirty hair before, it does make sense to me, but I have never been able to figure out the logistics.
Another question, similar topic. If you go a few days in between washings, and you are styling everyday, is there an order that works best in styles. Like straight hair, curly hair, etc? Does that make any sense? Just something I have always been curious about!
I love your hair blog, it's fun to read and full of great info!
Lianne Barr


Dear Lianne,

This seems to be a topic that will never end and it's ok to ask more and more. The truth about hair is .. "Shoot, if I could style my hair once a week like an old lady and sleep sitting up, it would be allll good. " Well, no thanks cause old woman that do that stink!! I don't care what anyone says. I don't do that once a week they come in for a shampoo style! I did that in hair school and pretty much vomited everyday cause I couldn't get that stinky smell off my hands! P.S. wanna know why the old ladies have purple hair?? Tell ya later. As for your question, sorry I tend to veer of topic, this dirty hair talk is one reason why I never liked working out! When you sweat it makes it oily. The heat that is released from your head (my fat head) is alot and boy is it HOT. They do make a dry shampoo spray that is talc based that when sprayed it absorbs the oil. That can get you in between your shampoo's, (if u want to know the best one let me know, I'll blog about it) . As for me Lianne. I tend to go longer between my washings when I wear my hair curly.. dunno the scientific reasoning behind it, just know thats me. BUT...once again the silk pillow case comes in handy... when I wear it curly the pillow case at night keeps it from having a mind if its own and keeps the curl in enough to where I only have to do touchups.... try it.. Patrice did.. she said she loves her new silk pillow case!

No comments:

Post a Comment