Thursday, September 17, 2009

Going Bald??

Hey Bre! So I have a question, and wonder if you went through this too! My hair is falling out. And I don’t just mean a little…A LOT! I had bald spots around my temples, and now it is growing back in, with baby hairs everywhere! I know this is due to pregnancy, but I am wondering if there are any products or advice you have for me. I am so reluctant to do the “mom thing” and chop it all off, cuz I know it will never grow back again as long (my hair takes forever to grow)…did this happen to you? Should I be using a particular shampoo/cond. that will help thicken it up again? Or some other product to help it look half way normal? I look kinna scary….ok very SCARY…. Lovely babies, what a sacrifice we all go through right? And it doesn’t stop even AFTER you have the kid! Man! Good thing Zanin is so cute…=) Hope you and Mark and you sweet girls are doing great. Luv Karlie

Dear dear Karlie,
You are screwed...start buying wigs, you are going to be officially BALD! Just kidding. Here's the scoop. Hair falls out for many reasons. As for you and I.. we both had children this past year. So in our sweet loving sacrifice kinda people that we are... prenatal vitamins hold on to the hair that we typically shed on a daily basis.. hundreds... so when our body is no longer getting those vitamins , it falls out. It is also a hormonal thing for woman, especially us who just pushed or in my case cut a baby out! Its start around 4 when the baby is 4 months and can go for up to when the baby is a year old. I know.. put the gun down....It looks like I can fill Ziploc baggies. I swear Mark I smear the hair on the wall...to then twirl it in a circle to throw away... however at times I forget and it's all on the bathroom shower floor.. but it WAS on the wall.. he he he..So the solution is....Nioxin shampoo and cond. They make it for color treated hair as well. It's amazing, it helps restore the hair I swear by it. Kinda pricey but soooo worth it. It also has a product called scalp therapy..rub it in the scalp..massage the scalp. Blood circulation promotes hair growth, so when u are watching TV or whatever...rub your scalp, it will help bring blood to the follicle and then surface..Great invention but there is a BUT..... you have to continue to use it for a long period of time or the hair you are restoring will fall out. This product my friend...will save your life.. I mean your hair. P.s. if u are dieting or exercising like a freak(I do neither) that will also make your hair fall out... be careful moderation in all things.:)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet. I will try that shampoo and rub my scalp like a mad woman...and please someone give me some time for diet and exercise! Thanks, hopefully my baldness improves, or else I'll be rockin a new style...=)

    ReplyDelete