Tuesday, September 29, 2009

October 10,2009

My client C.J. is the greatest. We have been friends (well first she was my client) for 6 years. She used to go tanning next to my old salon and watch me cut hair from the window. She sent her co-workers to test me out first! She was very picky with her hair. She watched me for a few weeks and then decided she could trust me. Long story short, I have watched her relationships go from good to bad until she met the love of her life. I mean really, this last year she has had a beautiful glow. I knew he was for her. I told her if she wasn't engaged by the new year she needed to propose to him. Well at 12:00a.m. sure enough I received a text saying.. "I said YES, I'm engaged!" I was sooo excited for her. She was graduating college in April and this was her year! She set the date for October 10, 2009 and has been planning ever since. Last Friday she called me and begged to get in for high lights... she had major regrowth for her bachelorette party. I for sure said come on in... but you have to bring wedding plans so I can see the bridesmaid dresses etc. She did...everything was perfect, until the night of her Bachelorette party. She received a call that would crush her dream, her perfect year. her fiance Jimmy was at a stop light on a motorcycle and skid in the rain. He got up to get his bike, he told his buddies he was fine and then a truck couldn't see thru the rain and hit and killed him. A co-worker and client of mine called me this evening to tell me this devastating news. C.J. 's life that she had planned was no longer going to happen. The prenatal prescription she showed me on Friday doesn't need to be filled. Please know this blog post is in memory of Jimmy. I love you C.J. you are in our family prayers. My clients aren't just my clients, they are my friends She promised to bring him in to meet me after the honeymoon...Until we meet again. You are a strong woman C.J.!!

1 comment:

  1. wow.. what an emotional and devastating story. Im so sorry for your loss C.J. :(

    ReplyDelete