Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sunscreen???

OK, I know its the end of the summer, but its still freaken hot as He** here, however some people need a little help with what not to do when you are in the sun!! My client, no names decided she didn't want her hair to fade in the sun,(I color it a copper-red) Well on her boat she decided to load it up with Sunscreen. Yes the type you put on your body NOT YOUR HAIR! Needless to say, she tried washing it out, which she couldn't and then the color faded.. REALLY? huh. Well, I'm no chemist people, but I do know sunscreen contains Zinc. It's not for the hair. Your hair is a living thing people, it needs to breath. How would you feel if I put your head in a pillow case and told you to breath for an hour? Got me? Zinc does not allow your hair to breath. So to top it off, she didn't tell me what she did until after I put the color in. SO, yes you got it right, the color stayed on the surface of the hair and it never penetrated the cuticle. It didn't even come close to looking red. It didn't even color her gray. I had to redo the color and shampoo with a clarifying shampoo. The moral to this story is.... They make special hair sunscreen products to use when you wanna have fun in the sun. Keep body sunscreen on your body...not your freaken hair. Thanks for listening. p.s. you could always use a hat? Never thought I'd have to blog about this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment