Sunday, September 27, 2009

GROCERY STORE BOX HAIR COLOR= A NO NO!

I get asked this question a lot lately (must be the crappy economy).. What hair color from the grocery store is the best to buy? "I know it's not the best Bre, but can you tell me if you had to which one you would use?" ANSWER....NONE I wouldn't freaken color my hair. The color in the BOX contains a metallic dye that continues to process in the hair everytime you add heat...like a blow dryer or the sun.. and never leaves the hair unless it is cut out. Once again it suffocates the hair as well, however the color in a box is a one size fits most kinda deal...well guess what ? There is not one color I do besides bleach ...I always mix 2-5 different colors to make one. So, please for the love of everything that is holy....don't ask me which one is the best..they all suck! And if you wanna know why your hair turns green after you put brown on top of blonde...that's another blog post. BOX COLOR=HELL IN A BOX for a hair dresser. it can chemically react with the proper color I use! I saw it in hair school when I foiled a girls hair with bleach and the color from the box she used bubbled and fizzed up in the foil...it was creepy, needless to say we stopped coloring her hair and she had what I like to call.... Chemical Bangs, they weren't cut she didn't want bangs, but she got em!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN to that Bre! I am still growing out my hair from trying to use one of those store bought kits nearly a year ago! (And thats even after cutting off about 10 inches 8 weeks ago.) I was trying to save a little money, but spent nearly $200 repairing the damage the kit did to my hair! I should have just done it right the first time!!! Oh, and thanks for 'fixing' my hair last year. You are the best!!! (I wish you were a little closer to me!)

    ReplyDelete