Sunday, September 20, 2009

NO Gray??




This email is from one of my good friends..mama Sue... she is my friends mom..she writes...


Ok I love your blog and I bet I will be the oldest one toask a question, but I hope still one of your favorite clients ha ha.I was reading a Star magazine and someone wrote aboutgray hair always showing through no matter how often theycolor their hair. They suggested a new product calledNo Gray. You simply mix it in with any at-home hair dye ortint (before coloring) and it will keep grays from breakingthrough for up to six weeks. The mixture penetrates thecuticle layer and reduces the surface tension of water, enabling the dye to cling to the hair far better than theat home color on its own, also adds pigment to your hair dye's formula. Now I know it says at home color but sinceyou do my hair, and I love it I was just wondering it this could work. I really don't mind coming every four weeks, butthe last 4 days kills me looking at the gray. Of course on the bright side my eye doctor the other dayasked we why I don't have gray hair when looking at mychart she notices I will be 60 in December, she couldn'tbelieve it and of course I told her I have the best hairdresserin Orlando. Thanks hon, Love Nana Sue Spensieri


Mama Sue,

Of course I know about this product... I'm all about the up and coming!! lol anywho, they make a professional product just like this. It supposed to blow the gray stubborn cuticle up and dig the color further into the hair..I have tried it. Some love it some think it's a bunch of poop! However I like to use color that has double coverage for gray hair. When you color gray or any hair permanent..there are two kinds of color..think of it as a tight vs. panty hose... when you wear tights its a solid color where you dont see your legs and no sun can enter....when you wear panty hose it's shear, it covers the legs, however sun can shine thru...so when you use a tight coverage color it tends to look fake....great gray coverage, but looks soo not real... when you use panty hose color it covers 80% gray leaves a few natural hairs and looks more realistic.. so BRE does this... I mix the two colors together to get your color and many others.. I love breaking hair color rules, they always look the prettiest. So your answer to your question?? You wouldn't see the difference...the color is still gonna grow out ..you will still hate those last 4 days.. they make mascara color wands at sallys beauty if u wanna try those..some people love them. Did I confuse you guys??? FYI...mama sue is one of my fav's!! on a side note.. I wish i could invent a pill for you mama sue that lets you pick your hair color and grow in that color.. no more gray!! then I'd make millions!! Geez that would be cool...I bet I'm better off thinking of 6 lucky numbers and playing the lottery, that's more realistic than a pill!!

No comments:

Post a Comment