Friday, October 16, 2009

Crazy Stef....Facebook mail



Hey girly-
So, I'm only asking you this, because I know you're the color bomb! :)

I tried to go dark by myself with a demi. I mixed a 5N and a 4RV (half tube) for a little red highlight and ended up with DARK purple! AHHHHHH.

I know, I know...this is why people don't do it at home. So, I had a friend that honestly, I wouldn't normally go to for my hair for help and she tried to lighten it and then put a gold to counter act the purple. It's still purple. Well, it worked slightly, but I just want the purple out and a lighter brown. What do I do?

Help your poor pathetic friends that try to color by themselves. :)

By the way, I keep up with you and your blog. Looks like you're doing great and your girls are so cute! Congrats on your fam.

Oh Stefanie.....hair is on a scale from 1-10...one being black and ten being the lightest. You mixed a very dark color that when placed on pre-lightned hair or very porous hair, it will do one of two things. 1- it will soak up the color and go darker than expected...2-it is so porous it spits the color out. you mixed a natural color with a red violet..which means purple! This is called major dollars and a color correction. Dang it...if you went somewhere it would of saved u money and hair drama mixed with a lil breakage. If you don't have bangs now, you will when your done! They need to do a soap cap, which consists of bleach and peroxide and shampoo. Then add some heat..it should lift, not even thru out the hair but it should lift. The formula would depend on the ending color. If you hair isn't dead by then, I would high light it with a peroxcide 10 volume and tone to a light caramel level 6-7. That would give the appearance of a lighter brown. End of story! Good Luck, you can always fly down to ses me..lol miss ya xoxo, bre

No comments:

Post a Comment